One Learner. One Tutor. Changed Lives.
The work we do to build literacy skills within vulnerable communities is made possible with the help of caring volunteers. Our volunteers come from all walks of life and backgrounds. All you need to help is a belief in our mission. Previous teaching experience is not a requirement; a sincere willingness to help others is. You may not want to teach and may have other important skills to share like a love of community engagement, public speaking and/or organizational and administrative skills,
All volunteers go through an orientation that walks them though our programs, expectations and responsibilities.
See below for our opportunities to get involved. Volunteer your time to help others, but don’t be surprised when it’s your life that’s changed.
Volunteer Literacy Tutor
- One-on-one tutoring
- Small group tutoring
- Tutor subjects such as:
- Social Studies
- Digital literacy
- English as a second language
Time Commitment: Because the nature of our work centers around learners and tutors building a personalized approach to the subject matter, tutors are asked to commit to tutoring for 2 consecutive hours once a week for a minimum of 6 months. We ask all volunteers to complete 2-4 hours of classroom or tutoring observation before being paired with learners.
Become a Volunteer Tutor!
Select the button below and let us know your areas of interest.
Do you want to volunteer in other ways? Keep scrolling!
- Respond to volunteer applications
- Maintain an up to date volunteer roster
- Help to organize volunteer training and appreciation events
- Follow up with volunteers on volunteer experience
- Maintain volunteer and student snack supplies
- Copy and file instructional materials
If you are interested in volunteering for administrative tasks, please call Valeri at 210-320-1287.
- Attend community events
- Network with other organizations
- Share information about Each One Teach One services
- Connect with community about student and volunteer opportunities
- Assist with the development of our Newsletter
If you are interested in volunteering for outreach, please call Valeri at 210-320-1287.